Friday, June 4, 2010

An Introduction

"Nigerianese" is a blog that aims to offer antedotes and stories of the migration of a particular Lebanese family to Nigeria - my family.

Based on my family's memories, my grandfather's accounts and additional research of Lebanese migration to Africa- specifically Nigeria- I hope to take you (the reader) through a kaleidoscope of stories and antecdotes of migration and settlement, of growing up an "expat" or a "Third Culture Kid," of perceptions, of bias, of thoughts .... as the world seemingly gets smaller and smaller blurring or widening the line between difference and similarity.

Through memories, thoughts, interviews with my family or merely just family conversations --- I hope to "go with the flow" on the accounts and research that may come my way or (as is usually the case) I "dive" into.

My audience? .... whoever is interested or not interested ... family, friends, strangers, critics... all will really depend on which road OR roads I end up taking... I think?!

So for the moment, welcome and enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment